CANDIDATE INFORMATION SHEET
FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS*
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Phi Beta Kappa Graduate Scholarship. Last year, our organization made awards to twelve outstanding graduate students in the amount of $7,500 each. We encourage you to review the information below and to apply to your local campus coordinator. Please be sure to check the application deadline at your campus.
The PBK NCA scholarship awards program begins in November. Check with you campus representative for the deadline. Any graduate student who is a member of PBK and is enrolled in graduate studies in one of the following Northern California schools may apply:
- Mills College
- San Francisco State University
- Santa Clara University
- Stanford University
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC San Francisco
- UC Santa Cruz
- University of the Pacific
1. Students who wish to apply can obtain the current contact name looking for their school in the Chapter Directory of the National site
2. The materials to be submitted by candidates are set forth on the ApplicationForPhiBetaKappaGraduateScholarship.pdf
3. Please review these carefully before submitting your application to your campus coordinator. Do not contact the Northern California Association. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have been elected to Phi Beta Kappa by a chapter in the United States.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate or professional program in Northern California.
- A student who has previously been awarded a PBKNCA scholarship is ineligible.
The following will be considered by the Scholarship Committee in its review:
*The Phi Beta Kappa Society maintains membership information on their site www.pbk.org, under the heading of "Membership" which may be consulted for further information about election to Phi Beta Kappa.